Thursday, February 17, 2011

~I have Returned to the JUNK!~

I am trying to return back ..... a little at a time....trying to re-discover, re-purpose, re-JUNK myself!! Swamped, buried, coming up for air from my job at The Depot! I have had a zillion customers come through reminding me that I have gotten slack on my blog posts! I forgot my Blog account password, then it took me a day in itself to remember how to manuver around and get all the Christmas pics and music removed! Speaking og MUSIC...New music alert on my blog..... The Avett Brothers... yes they are awesome and from NC! You may have seen them play with Bob Dylan on the Grammys....I won't mention one of their favorite places to shop around Concord.... to those of you who have seen them out and about, we are honored!
OK....to the JUNK... a peek inside my pantry...lots of new Chippy, Crusty, Stained Ironstone and Saltwear...what should a girl do...keep or sell???

My favorite OLD mountain antique shop find.....tattered & worn they are! And for $15 bucks...just had to get em. They fit like an old glove!
I am still into making old re-purposed jewels... my friend Bonnie brought these in stamped up and ready for my shop! I just love their rustic not perfect look! If it looks perfect like it came off the showroom floor.... it is not for me! Me and Hubby used to do these but after doing a few together I figured the marriage was more important!!! Bonnie entered our marriage just at the right time!
Here she is....in all her dirty glory...my next project...hope it does not take me as long to finish her as it did to get back to blogging!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her colors found underneath her old cream paint! She is a work in progress after pics will follow, date of release to be announced...LOL!!
For those of you that did not see this beauty over on my Facebook page (Janna Jordan Baker) here it is...well I got my hands on 4 of these.... 1800 circa Old Rennaissance Revival Chairs... Eastlake... They are fantastically the best! Some have the old horse hair stuffing hanging out all over, those are my fav! One is available now in my booth at The Sleepy Poet, $105.
A big Thank you to everyone for still following me even though I have been MIA! I will have some great JUNK & booth pics on the way soon. And if you have not visited The Depots website, please check us out. We are definitely one of the Biggest & Best on the east coast, I am not just saying it because I run the place.... it truly is packed full of the best chippy, crusty, rusty finds around.... a pickers paradise....that is where I find 95% of my goodies! I will see everyone soon! JUNKER HUGS, Janna




19 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi there Janna, it is always so nice to see your sweet face pop up! Happy you are still with us:) Sounds like you are one BUSY lady! Stop in when you have a minute! Miss you bunches! HUGS!

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

yes those chairs are Eastlake......usually identifiable by the design/wood. I have a few myself and for some reason I gravitate towards them.

love the music but then again i m a huge dylan fan!

Faded Charm said...

Glad to see you back Janna. I miss all your photos of your awesome junk finds and treasures.

Don't work too hard.

Kathleen

Debra@CommonGround said...

So glad you're on your way back, I've missed you and your great junk!

summersundays-jw said...

I've been waiting patiently for you to return. Nice to see a post. I was just telling my sister yesterday that I had heard these 2 groups that sang with Bob Dylan (kind of bluegrassy) & I loved their music but didn't know who they were. Well, now I do. I'll for sure to check them out. I have your "walking trainwreck" necklace & it still gets so many compliments.

anythinggoeshere said...

i am so happy to see that you are back. I love your posts! Thanks for coming by to visit! Joan@anythinggoeshere

Tammy said...

Hey Girl! I'm lovin' that you are back! and so adoring your junk finds...those boots...OMG!!
So glad you got by Treasures on Main...its no Depot but it was a place for me to start...I know I want to be at the Depot...maybe this summer! Gotta get a full time job first!But it's def on my bucket list!LOL
Love that cabinet! Will be over to see you again soon!
Have a great weekend! and don't work to hard!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

oh! and I LUV seeing JUNK WILD on your blog roll! Sweet!

Nest said...

Thanks so much for adding me to your sidebar! I know how you feel about being too busy to keep up with the blog. There's just not enough hours in the day!

bikim said...

lovely!"
sweet weekend!
Rosa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Love the boots and the new chippy project :-)

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweets!
Glad to see you back in blogland and that you are hard at work doing what you LOVE most!

Thanks for droppin' by the yaya! xo..deb

Thilda said...

Lovely things! I love all old stuff. Second hand shops are full of treasures. You have interesting blog!

Faded Plains said...

That's some great "junk" you have there...love the boots.

Agnes Borja Rosen said...

Hi Janna...
Loved reading your post! I was chuckling till the end. We share similar point of views! Cheers...Agnes

Anonymous said...

Hi Janna
Missed you here in blogland :)
I love all the great photos that you post
I'm happy that the mall is doing so well - wish I could come shop and find some great rusty finds
xo
Sue

The Green Pea said...

Hello Janna, I have been MIA too. There are so many things to do, when we collect treasures. Time get away from us. Nice to read your blog, I do not always comment. Time limit, again. Have a nice week. sandi

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

GOGEOUS Girl we DO MISS YOU....I know the Depot is WONDERFUL & all consuming but I for one MISS MISS MISS seeing your regular posts....BUT....Having said that I DO REALISE how hard it is to do both....!!!!!

I've said it before & I'll say it again....I WISH I could come visit with ya'll....I'm sure we'd have a BLAST....!!

I hope you're having a STUPENDOUS week Janna....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah xx

Kathy said...

Hey Janna! I've been missing too - so glad to have met you in February - and visiting The Depot and The Sleepy Poet was huge fun!! Hope to be able to spend more time next visit!!

Have a great day & happy blogging! Looking forward to your junk "finds" - and the cabinet looks fab already!!

Hugs, Kathy

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Fabulous junk! Would love to visit The Depot someday!!
Hollie